Thursday, October 22, 2009

Denver Casserole

I have modified my favorite casserole in honor of my so/so trip to Denver.. I must say I am convinced Denver hates me. Everytime I travel here or through here... I have terrible experiences: getting stuck overnight in the airport, getting lost walking downtown in the snow and rain, my luggage being lost somewhere between Dallas and Denver... BUT! I am throwing that all out the window and I have taken my all time favorite breakfast casserole recipe and modified it just for Denver!  Here you are Denver your very own breakfast casserole.

Denver Casserole

3 Onion Rolls
8 oz Egg Substitute
3 cups Skim Milk
8 oz shredded Colby Jack cheese
1/4 cup diced Green Peppers
2 cups diced Ham
8 oz cream cheese, cubed
 Spray 9 x 13 pan with non stick cooking spray. Cut onion rolls into cubes and toss into pan. In a bowl mix together egg substitute, milk, cheese, green peppers and ham. Pour ontop of onion rolls cover and set overnight in the refrigerator. The next morning.. Wake up. Make a pot of coffee. When you are ready preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut cream cheese in cubes and poke down in the casserole. Put your yummy dish in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until set all the way through.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment