Monday, November 23, 2009

Natalie's Penne Pesto Pasta

I may have got the name of the recipe wrong but the memory of this great dish is what is SO important. My sister in law Natalie, who is more like a real sister than the "in-law", made this incredible dish for me one night after I had traveled to someplace exotic for an ADA conference. Somehow always knowing when I am exhausted and need a tad bit of pampering.. Natalie shows up with something great. Now, whenever I make this dish for my kids it is referred to as "Nat's Pasta". They love it. It is a simple dish with a huge impact.  I made this pasta creation for Robbie the very first time I cooked for him. It wasn't the hook that caught him but it definitely helped!  Natalie! I love you like a sister and you are one of my best friends!  Thank you so much for this great pasta. It makes me happy EVERYTIME I MAKE IT!

Nat's Pasta

1 box whole wheat Penne Pasta
1 large (28 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
1 jar basil pesto
1 large jar artichoke hearts
8 oz parmesean cheese

Boil noodles according to package directions, drain. Add the tomatoes, pesto, artichoke hearts. Mix together. Add the parmesean cheese. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment